- Types of Information We Collect
- When someone visits www.12minprep.com we install cookies that contain standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to various parts of the site. We collect this information in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting either of our websites. We will not associate any data gathered from cookies with any personally identifying information from any source.A cookie is a string of information that is sent by a website and stored on your hard drive or temporarily in your computer’s memory. You can disable our cookies using the cookie-menu on your Web browser, but doing so may materially affect the functionality of the Sites and the information you can access through it. To learn more about cookies and browser functionality, search for “cookies” in the help function of your browser.We and our service providers also may use so-called “pixel tags” in connection with some Site pages and HTML-formatted e-mail messages to, among other things, compile aggregate statistics about Site usage and response rates. A Pixel Tag is an electronic image, often a single pixel (1×1), that is ordinarily not visible to Site visitors and may be associated with cookies on the visitors’ hard drives. Pixel Tags allow us to count users who have visited certain pages of the Site, to deliver branded services, and to help determine the effectiveness of promotional or advertising campaigns.
- Tracking Our Emails to Our Customers: When we send emails to our own registered 12MINPREP customers, we may track who opened the emails and who clicked on any of the links included in those emails. We do this to analyze, measure, and improve performance of our Email Campaigns and Services.
3. Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Information
We will use and disclose your Personal Information only as follows:
- To promote use, including continued use, of our Services. For example, if you leave your personal information when you visit our Website and do not purchase any of the offered paid Services, we may send you one or more emails asking whether you wish to purchase our Services. If you use any of our Services and may benefit from using one or more other Services we offer, we may send you an email telling you about the other Service or Services.
- To bill and collect sums owed to us. Uses for this purpose include sending you emails, invoices, receipts and notices of delinquency. We use third parties to handle secure credit card transaction processing and send billing information to such third parties, who maintain all information in confidence, to process your orders and credit card payments. To learn more about what steps we take to safeguard such data, see below. These credit card transaction processors are third parties for purposes of the data protection laws of the European Union and the United Kingdom.
- To provide customer support and obtain feedback.
- To protect the rights and safety of Company employees, Members, owners, officers and others.
- To meet legal requirements such as complying with court orders and valid subpoenas.
- To provide information received hereunder to representatives and advisors such as attorneys and accountants to help us comply with legal and other requirements.
- To prosecute and defend a court, arbitration or similar legal matter.
- To disclose information We have to you in response to any valid request from you to know what of your information we possess, and in response to a valid request to exercise your “right to be forgotten” as detailed further below.
- To communicate with you concerning your account for an informational purpose.
- To send you informational and promotional materials that you elect (“opt-in”) to receive.
- Third-Party Use and Disclosure of your Personal Information
- The Company does not share your email address with third-party providers.
- Any information that you provide to the Company, whether by direct communication to us or by entry into a text field anywhere on the Website, will be collected and used by the Company. Some of that information will be anonymized or pseudonymized.
- The Company will use your email address to send you certain regular emails pursuant to your opt-in subscriptions to our newsletter and other regular contacts. The Company keeps your email address regardless of your subscriptions for internal use.
- The Company also collects certain data based on your access of the Website. The Website will collect information about your location based on your IP address.The Company uses your IP address for internal purposes such as knowing which countries provide certain percentages of its users. The Company does not verify your IP address or connect it to your billing address for purposes of checkout. Your IP is not and cannot be used by the Company to identify you personally. The Company will also know your IP address for purposes of logging visits to the Website from your IP address and for preventing hacker/malware attacks.
- The Company collects information such as the number of users visiting the website at any given time, the times during which visitors visit the Website, the length of time that users use the website, which pages they visit, which products they order, and what other actions they take while on the website. This information is collected by the Website and is provided in an anonymized form to the Company’s data analytics provider, which is Google Analytics (the “Data Analytics Provider”). This information is used by the Company to track the engagement, general geographic origin, and headcount of its users. This information is combined together to provide general demographic information on the Website’s users. This information is not and cannot be used to identify you specifically. The Data Analytics Provider is segregated from internal tools that identify specific customers, for example our internal system for storing subscribers’ email addresses.
- The Company may from time to time engage certain independent contractors to engage with your personal information; by way of example and not limitation, a third-party marketing services to send emails or an independent data analytics analyst who may have access to anonymous or pseudonymous information that we collect from you. All such persons are bound by express duties of confidentiality to the Company. Such persons are third parties within the meaning of the applicable privacy laws of the European Union and the United Kingdom.
- Right to be Forgotten
- Users subject to the data privacy laws of the European Union and/or the United Kingdom may at any time issue a request to us that we remove, cease using, and/or permanently delete any information that you have submitted to us. Such valid requests will be honoured promptly according to the applicable rules and regulations of the European Union and the United Kingdom. Any request to destroy some or all of the information you submit to us must be made in writing, to the designated contact information provided elsewhere on the Webpage. Information so destroyed or removed cannot be recovered; once destroyed, such information must be resubmitted by the user before we are able to verify, confirm, or disclose any such information in the future.
- Safeguarding Your Information
To protect your information, our credit card processing vendor uses the latest 128-bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology for secure transactions. In addition, our vendor is certified as compliant with card association security initiatives. 12MINPREP accounts require a username and password to log in. When you’re finished using 12MINPREP, please click the “log out” link in the top right corner of your screen, to prevent someone from using your computer to access your account. You must keep your username and password secure and not disclose it to a third party. Due to the sensitive nature of your account information, we do not re-send forgotten passwords. Users must follow online instructions to reset their passwords if they forget them. Account passwords are encrypted. We cannot see your passwords. We can only reset them.
The Company does not collect payment information from you except to the extent that the Company forwards your payment request directly to our merchant services provider, which is Stripe (the “Merchant Services Provider”), with neither the ability nor the intent to intercept or collect any such payment data. The Merchant Services Provider only receives information necessary to verify that any payments between yourself and the Company are authorized. The Merchant Services Provider will use encrypted tools to communicate with your designated payee institution, or whatever other account you use to pay for orders to the Company. Your credit card information or other payment information is not retained by the Company except as provided below. The Company does not maintain records of your credit card number or other payment information
The Merchant Services Provider is the merchant of record within the meaning of the data privacy laws of the European Union and the United Kingdom.
This information is “pseudonymous” within the meaning of the data privacy laws of the European Union and the United Kingdom.
- Notice of Breach of Security
12MINPREP will notify you, within forty-eight hours of such a breach occurring, if a breach in security results in an unauthorized intrusion into our system which materially affects you and will subsequently report the corrective action taken in response to the intrusion.
- Notification of Changes
- Accuracy of Data and Rights
We do our best to keep your data accurate and up-to-date to the extent that you provide us with the information we require to do that. If your data changes (including, but not limited to, a change in your email address) then you are responsible for notifying us of those changes so that we can keep your records up-to-date. We retain the data about you only so long as reasonably required to meet the purposes for which we have the right to use the information. We will give you access to any of your Personal Information that we hold about you within 30 days of any request you make for such information. We may charge for providing this information to you, as permitted by applicable law.
- Effective Date
- No Children Under Age 13
Feel free to contact us if you still have questions.